The story of The Very Busy Spider involves several of the animals you would expect to find in a barnyard approaching the spider and asking it if it would like to frolic with them in their characteristic activity (such as a horse galloping). Prompt your child to act like each of the animals that visits the spider. Make sure you try it with your reader: Don't be afraid to act silly!
- Gallop like a horse?
- Munch on grass like a cow?
- Run in the meadow like a sheep?
- Jump on the rocks like a goat?
- Roll in the mud like a pig?
- Chase a cat like a dog?
- Curl up and take a nap in the sun like a cat?
- Swim and paddle in the water like a duck?
- Run around like a rooster and catch a pesky fly? Don’t forget to flap your wings!
- Glide through the night sky like an owl?
- Sleep in your web like a very busy spider?
Learn more about Creative Movement and its benefits on our Creative Movement Page.
Sign up to get all our activities in your in-box!