Provide some edible pieces and have fun with your reader assembling a munchy, crunchy turkey puzzle.
Young Readers in the Kitchen
Kids can use a biscuit cutter or a round cookie cutter to cut a circle from whole wheat bread to make a turkey body.
Turkey Puzzle Snack
- Wheat bread
- Carrot sticks
- Red grape
- Biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter
- Drinking straw
- Cut a circle from whole wheat bread.
- Lay carrot sticks around the top of the bread circle to form a tail.
- Slice the bottom off a red grape to make a head.
- Use a straw to make two small circles from an apple slice. Attach these to the grape. The juice from the apple will make them stick.
- Two strips of apple or two carrot sticks can be used for legs.
- A wattle can be cut from a small piece of apple and a small triangle of carrot makes a great beak.