Banana-Brown Sugar Baked Oatmeal
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and slice bananas 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange in a single layer in the bottom of the baking pan. They don't have to be evenly spaced, just spread out so each serving gets some banana!
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour oat mixture over bananas and spread evenly.
- In the same bowl, stir milk, eggs, and vanilla (really whisk it well so there are no bits of baked egg on top of the oatmeal).
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over oats.
- Bake for 30 minutes until lightly brown and set.
Amos enjoys his daily bowl of oatmeal with a cup of tea. You might enjoy our cinnamon milk with tea recipe.