Miss Spider prepared cakes for her insect guests to enjoy with their tea. These easy (and secretly healthy!) banana cakes are baked in in a mini-muffin pan to make perfect dainty size.
Miss Spider's Banana Tea Cakes
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baing powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper, or spray with nonstick cooking spray. It will make about 18 mini muffins.
- Break banana into pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash banana. Children will like mashing the banana; give them a potato masher, or use the bottom of a measuring cup to mash.
- Add brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and applesauce to the mashed banana, and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and stir together until just mixed.
- Spoon into mini-muffin pan, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Enjoy, especially with Cinnamon Milk with tea!