January is National Hot Tea Month! Celebrate by reading Miss Spider's Tea Party and sipping tea. Most children are not big fans the warm beverage, but they will enjoy this drink of cinnamon 'steeped' in warm milk.
Try preparing warm Cinnamon Milk as a yummy hot tea alternative as you and your reader enjoy the Miss Spider activities. If your reader is a stickler for details, you could always add a tablespoon of tea to a mug of Cinnamon Milk to make the drink worthy of Miss Spider.
Miss Spider's Cinnamon Milk with Tea
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Warm the milk to near boiling in a saucepan on the stove.
- Pour the milk into 2 mugs.
- Add 1 cinnamon stick to each mug.
- Cover each mug with a saucer and allow the milk to steep for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to each mug.
- Stir gently to dissolve.
Enjoy the milk with Miss Spider's Banana Tea Cakes!