With a nod to the bright colors and bold images of pop art, this activity extends the silly fun and surreal nature of Jamberry into a whole new way to paint.
- Bubble wrap, in with either large or small bubbles (we used large)
- Paint in berry colors
- White paper
- Crayons, markers, and/or colored pencils
- Cut bubble wrap into rectangles sized to fit on the sheets of paper.
- Thoroughly coat one rectangle of bubble wrap with a single color of paint.
An easy way to do this is to squeeze the paint over the bubble wrap, then use a paintbrush to evenly distribute the paint.
- Place a sheet of paper onto the painted surface of the bubble wrap and pat the paper, covering the entire sheet.
- Carefully life the paper off of the bubble wrap and lay on a flat surface to dry.
- Repeat the process with new pieces of bubble wrap and other paint colors to make multiple prints.
- Once the prints have dried, use crayons, markers or colored pencils to add stems to some of the “jamberries”.